Head of Content
About Unit 21:
Unit21 protects businesses against adversaries engaging in money laundering, fraud, and other sophisticated risks by offering a no-code toolset to model, detect, and remediate suspicious activity. We are backed by investments from Google, Tiger Global, ICONIQ, Diane Greene (Google / Google Cloud), Jack Dorsey (Block / Twitter), William Hockey (Plaid), among others.
About the role:
As Unit21’s Senior Manager of Content, you will work with the marketing team to drive the development and production of a broad range of content including blogs, ads, collateral, promotional content, videos, social and SEO-focused content. This position requires experience in managing a team of outside writers and serving as editor-in-chief, while simultaneously writing and producing content yourself. Strong SEO skills are key to success.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be both a manager and a writer who will create detailed briefs, manage outside writers, serve as editor-in-chief, and keep projects on deadline. You will also write marketing content including (but not limited to) blog posts, emails, social media ads, video scripts blogs, articles, and PR and AR materials. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience as a manager and a writer across a variety of tactics and businesses.
- Creating project timelines, briefs and managing both internal employees and contractors
- Writing marketing communications including blogs, Google ads, emails, ebooks, digital ads, videos, etc.
- Technical Writing specific to the fraud and banking space
- Editing content created by other writers and reviewing designs and final files
- Editing and creating web pages and blog posts
- Using SEMrush to conduct keyword research for SEO content briefs
- Working with the Head of Marketing to set strategic objectives and define tactical executions to meet Unit21’s goals
- Creating and updating reports using data from Google Analytics, Hubspot, SEMrush, and other sources
- Helping to drive a successful SEO strategy and aggressive content creation calendar
- Innovative thinking, and able to work under pressure
- Direct and Indirect Leadership and communication skills.
- Oversee the syndication of our content, submit entries for industry awards, and collaborate on third-party content projects to enhance our brand's visibility and credibility.
- Craft compelling content centered around customer success stories and testimonials to highlight the real-world impact and value of our products and services.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a management or senior content role
- Must have demonstrable experience both managing writers, and writing content
- A strong understanding of Webflow or Wordpress and SEMrush, or similar CMS/SEO platforms
- A strong grasp of marketing communication and SEO best practices
- A strong attention to detail, both in editing and presentation
- Self-motivated, driven and responsive to the needs of marketing and the company
- Experience at a business in the risk and compliance, banking, payments, or fintech industry, or at an agency supporting these clients is preferred
- Experience in or a degree in a degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism is preferred.
- Experience in a B2B marketing department or at an agency supporting B2B clients is also preferred
The standard base pay range for this role is $140,00.00 - $150,000.00 Annually. This base pay range does not include other financial or equity incentives.
Unit21 is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all to apply, even if you do not meet each requirement above. We are building a diverse, inclusive workforce and hope you will join us!
What we can offer you:
Competitive salary and pre-IPO stock options
100% company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance (for employee)
Optional HSA and FSA medical reimbursement accounts
Unlimited paid time off
Generous leave programs for life events
Annual Learning & Development stipend
One-time Home office set-up stipend
Happy hours and team-building events
Great office space in the San Francisco Financial District
Fully stocked kitchen
Lunch and dinner provided in SF office at least 3x per week
A great company culture with a strong emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion
Unit21 stops bad actors by leveraging data to deliver justice and safety in the world. We protect businesses against adversaries engaging in money laundering, fraud, and other sophisticated risks by offering no-code infrastructure to model, detect, and remediate suspicious activity. Our customers range from large Fortune 500 companies to high-potential, pre-launch startups. We have reported over USD $2 billion in fraud and laundered money to the US government using our software.
We are a rapidly growing Series C startup, having raised close to $100m from Google, Tiger Global, ICONIQ Capital, Jack Dorsey, Diane Greene, and other leading VCs. Our team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to empower companies to define a new standard of eliminating bad behavior on their platforms.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Unit21 is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
*Remote work limited to the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York. North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington.*