Sr. Product Manager (US-Remote)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Transcend believes everyone should be in control of their personal information. We’re pioneering Data Privacy Infrastructure—a powerful technology that lets individuals reclaim control of their data and ensures companies can easily comply with global data privacy laws.
Our platform enables companies like Robinhood, Brex, and Clubhouse to provide users with control over their information.
From uncovering new data systems and schema, to capturing and enforcing user opt-outs, to globally deleting and exporting a person's data across your stack, Transcend is built to scale every privacy workflow to complete automation. In fact, each month, Transcend executes millions of global user deletions and governs billions of tracking events across thousands of data systems.
We allow these users to request, identify, and delete their personal information from a growing suite of integrated companies: from Salesforce to Slack, Facebook, Zendesk, Intercom, Databases, and beyond.
Please note that we are a remote-first company, and ALL our positions are remote.
This position is for US only.
Transcend’s mission is to make it simple for companies to give their users control of their data. As a Product Manager at Transcend, you will own large product initiatives end-to-end to get us there.
You will take on a deeply technical product that is used by engineering and legal teams at major brands, as well as those brands’ end-users. You love privacy, bleeding-edge technologies (latest machine learning models, secure by design architectures), defining new product markets, working cross-functionally and acting as a superb translator between the go-to-market and technical teams.
We are a highly collaborative team, so you will have the support of the Co-Founders, Engineering, CX, Legal, Sales, and Marketing.
What You'll Do
- Own key product areas of the Transcend platform by guiding the product roadmap, strategy, and long-term vision for each area.
- Lead product development across a team of engineers and designers.
- Work closely with our customers and our Engineering, CX, Sales, and Marketing teams to bring product and corresponding go-to-market initiatives to life.
- Define the future of data privacy – a rapidly evolving market that has far-reaching impact on companies, people and personal data all around the world.
Who You Are
- You love creating clarity.
- You are highly technical and can get into the nuts and bolts of data infrastructure.
- You are customer-obsessed and deeply empathetic of end-users—whether they are using our interfaces, or developing against our APIs.
- You believe passionately that data rights are human rights, and you envision a world where users everywhere are in control of their personal data.
- You have past privacy or security experience.
- You have 5+ years experience in product management and have managed significant areas of a product.
- You’ve worked on developer products.
- You have led a team of product managers, but are a highly effective IC.
Why join us?
The people at Transcend are driven, kind and know how to balance work, life and meme’s. We learn from each other and have a strong support system.
You’re joining a fast growing start up, with opportunities to help define and grow the product organization.
We have a strong mission to protect user privacy rights everywhere. The privacy compliance landscape is growing, and we are at the forefront of building solutions that protect user privacy rights with modern infrastructure and automation.
You will have autonomy and trust to drive initiatives from the start.
We believe that turning the principles of data privacy into exercisable human rights is one of the most high-impact ways we can spend our time, and so we're building an ambitious team that’s passionate about solving important problems and having fun while doing it.
As the best-in-class solution in a new market, Transcend is a fast-paced and exciting workplace. The product evolves quickly to meet new client needs and adapts to the rapidly advancing world of privacy law. As one of Transcend’s earliest hires, you’ll get to work on a wide array of exciting projects.
Transcend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law.
See more open positions at Transcend
Something looks off?