Principal Product Designer
Hey, this is Ben & I run design here at Titan 👋.
I want you to know I’ve written every word here personally not only because I think this a massive opportunity to build an industry-defining product, but because I want to work with people that value clarity, transparency, and ambition.
What do I mean? Well, the app you see today is just a glimpse of what I know we’ll create together. The bones are strong and the value is clear… but it’s a C+ when it comes to vision. What I’m building now is the foundation of our rockstar team to blast us out of this world.
You game? Read on.
More On Us
TL;DR – Titan is democratizing the investment management space.
Consumers with a bit of cash today can either invest in archaic institutions that simply don’t care about them, or going it alone on trading apps. There has to be a better way. Titan is a world-class investment platform inside a mobile app, managing over $750M+ in assets for 50,000+ clients.
We recently raised a $58M Series B round led by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, bringing our total funding to $75M. Titan won the Best Investment Advisor award from U.S. News in 2020 and the Best Advisor award at the 2020 Benzinga Global Fintech Awards. It has ranked #1 out of 60+ advisors 5x in a row, and was featured by Apple in 2020.
To us, our team is everything. Together, we can make magic happen. We exert a crazy amount of effort to interview Titans. If you're excited by our mission, we'd love to meet you.
As a principal product designer at Titan you will report to the me, the Head of Design. Your mission will be to drive phenomenal design outcomes within your squad.
- You will define, explore, and solve our most complex challenges in close collaboration with teammates from engineering, product, brand, and investor relations teams.
- You will design engaging, high quality outcomes that delight with their emotional intelligence as much as their financial success.
- You will participate in, plan, and run user research and usability studies to develop a deep empathy and understand of our clients and their needs
- You will work as fellow, mentor, and leader to your design teammates and set a high bar for design within our team and within Titan.
Our team is low ego and has a people-first approach to collaborating. We’re looking for designers who are not only on a mission to build something truly amazing, but eager to grow and build lasting relationships along the way.
In summary, this role offers an ambitious designer a huge degree of scope and possibility!
What You Will Do
- Lead design for a product area or squad, including but not limited to shepherding features from scoping through ideation, prototyping, testing, and production
- Deliver high quality design outcomes that set a new bar for the team
- Act as champion for our users and of simple, high-quality experiences
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions along with the design and product leaders
- Contribute to the role of design at Titan, including culture, process, and outcomes
- Contribute to our design system
- 8+ years of professional Product Design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience with consumer-facing mobile and web products
- Experience working in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Experience leading or mentoring fellow designers
- Exceptional execution skills, including design thinking, UX, UI, and interaction design
- A clear, strong portfolio of case studies
- A strong fluency in Figma and typical prototyping tools, such as Principle and/or Origami
Nice to Have
- A passion for people, their needs, and the future of finance in general
- A passion for the craft of design and of the latest best practices
- A low ego mindset, with a strong desire to learn and grow
- A comfort with abstraction and fast-moving, dynamic workplaces
- A personal focus on visual polish and interactions
- An avid user of Titan!
- Work with a passionate, diverse, smart team on a product that helps tens of thousands of people
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Sound Ventures, Scribble VC, Y Combinator, BoxGroup, and others)
- Competitive compensation package (including equity component)
- Medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO and Sick Days
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- MacBook / PC laptop provided
- Internet stipend
- Health & Wellness stipend
- Lunches @ our headquarters
- Work-from-home stipend to optimize your set-up
Anticipated annual salary range: $150,000 - $210,000 plus company stock options + benefits (see above).
At Titan, we are committed to offering competitive compensation packages for our valued team members, matching our commitment to attract and retain a top talent pool that is aligned with our culture, mission, and values. This salary range represents Titan’s reasonable estimated possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting.
The final salary for this position will be determined in sole discretion of Titan, depending on applicable laws, and based on a variety of factors, such as employee’s work experience, skills, qualifications for the role, and location, and may differ from the amounts listed above.
Something looks off?