Sparrow is the first high-tech, high-touch employee leave management solution. Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.).
Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone. Company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, complex to remain compliant, and time-consuming process into a 30-minute end-to-end experience saving teams time (20 - 40 hours per leave) and money (up to $30K per leave).
Sparrow is headquartered in San Francisco with remote employees across the country. Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented, and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
About the role
As a Leave Coordinator on Sparrow’s Customer Experience team, you will take charge of the behind-the-scenes paperwork and correspondence essential in managing employee benefit’s claims. Working collaboratively with our customer-facing team, your role will ensure the accurate completion and timely submission of all benefits claims. Your active involvement in team meetings will drive process improvements and issue resolutions.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Foster collaboration with external administrative counterparts through diverse communication approaches, such as phone calls and emails.
- Manage the flow of necessary leave paperwork, handling multiple concurrent leaves with finesse.
- Document and convey all claim escalations to designated team members.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment by adeptly handling multiple tasks in quick succession.
- Maintain and optimize internal systems and processes for maximum efficiency.
- Stay informed about new state programs and processes.
- 1-3 years of relevant administrative work experience.
- Comfortable working with and learning new tech systems.
- Comfortable working and communicating in a remote-first environment.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail. You can track various tasks from different projects and ensure nothing is overlooked.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You can communicate clearly and empathetically through email, chat, and phone calls. People oriented with a high degree of empathy, interpersonal intuition, and strong active listening skills.
- Openness to learning. You are highly self-directed, adaptable, and open to feedback and implementation in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to anticipate needs.
- Handling confidential information with appropriate care.
Our work at Sparrow is impactful. We help People teams with one of the hardest parts of their job, and we support employees at a time when they need it most. We’re driven by our mission, much like a nonprofit, but with the resources and scale of a fast-growing venture-backed company.
Sparrow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. While we are united by our excitement for the mission and product, the diversity of our experiences is one of our strengths. The Sparrow team is made up of people with all types of backgrounds, and we have teammates in 30 states and counting. To learn more about the Sparrow team and its benefits, check out our careers page.