Sparrow is the first high-tech, high-touch employee leave management solution. Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.).
Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone. Company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, complex to remain compliant, and time-consuming process into a 30-minute end-to-end experience saving teams time (20 - 40 hours per leave) and money (up to $30K per leave).
Sparrow is headquartered in San Francisco with remote employees across the country. Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented, and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
About The Role
As the founding member of Sparrow’s product management team, you will have an opportunity to put your stamp on the Sparrow product! We’re looking for someone who is excited to dive into a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, and who thrives in ambiguity.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Research and understand the needs of existing and future customers;
- Partner closely with stakeholders & partners in engineering, CX, Sales and leadership to plan out Sparrow’s product roadmap;
- Scope, define and plan out new features and improvements to the Sparrow product; and
- Collaborate with the engineering team to implement and launch new features.
We are looking for people with:
- 4+ years of experience in a product management role;
- Proven track record of of building technical products from ideation to launch
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence small teams of engineers towards a common goal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills, with stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.
- Experience evaluating product decisions and prioritization trade-offs
Our work at Sparrow is impactful. We help People teams with one of the hardest parts of their job, and we support employees at a time when they need it most. We’re driven by our mission, much like a nonprofit, but with the resources and scale of a fast-growing venture-backed company.
Sparrow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. While we are united by our excitement for the mission and product, the diversity of our experiences is one of our strengths. The Sparrow team is made up of people with all types of backgrounds, and we have teammates in 30 states and counting. To learn more about the Sparrow team and its benefits, check out our careers page.