Leave Payroll Analyst
Sparrow is the first high-tech, high-touch employee leave management solution. Our mission is to make it simple for companies to provide their employees with all kinds of leave (i.e. family, medical, etc.).
Currently, the leave management process is painful and inefficient for everyone. Company leaders struggle to keep up with regulations and processes that change frequently, and the employees going on leave are overwhelmed by bureaucracy at an exceptionally important juncture in their career. Sparrow transforms this ordinarily tedious, error-prone, complex to remain compliant, and time-consuming process into a 30-minute end-to-end experience saving teams time (20 - 40 hours per leave) and money (up to $30K per leave).
Sparrow is headquartered in San Francisco with remote employees across the country. Sparrow is a diverse, highly talented, and supportive team. Together, we are hardworking, collaborative, smart, and humble—after all, we’re solving real problems.
About the role
As a Leave Payroll Analyst on Sparrow's Customer Experience team you will be responsible for leave and payroll calculations and will have a hand in helping us build a better product.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Provide internal support for our leave specialists with leave and payroll calculations:
- Work with the leave specialists by preparing customized and personalized payroll plans and payroll reconciliations for employees and customers’ payroll teams.
- Act responsively, accurately, and with attention to customers’ semi monthly and biweekly payroll deadlines.
- Ensure correct personalized payroll plans are calculated on the Sparrow dashboard.
- Interface and collaborate comfortably with a variety of key parties including: leave specialists, sales and marketing, and engineering teams through various channels (phone call, email, video chat).
- Effectively collaborate with our customers’ payroll teams to ensure they love Sparrow:
- Work with onboarding specialists to understand our customers’ payroll needs.
- Assist with the setup of customized personalized payroll plans, payroll schedules, and payroll workflows.
- Share best practices for leave payroll when needed.
- In collaboration with the Sparrow team, build a better product:
- Collect and share product feedback.
- Identify improvements in payroll calculations software and services.
- Provide input on payroll system integrations.
- Implement process improvements to resolve inefficiencies and address customer pain points.
- A top performer. Proven 2+ years of experience in either data-focused operations, payroll, accounting, or bookkeeping.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills. Adept at building formulas, cell formatting, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.
- Superior organization skills and detail-oriented. You're able to manage a multitude of tasks and ensure nothing gets lost.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Clear, empathetic communicator able to balance rapport and problem solving. Is able to work with different communication styles.
- Trustworthy. You act with discretion and can be trusted to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Learner's mindset. Highly self-directed, adaptable, and up for feedback and implementation in a fast paced, always changing environment.
- Someone looking for something new. This is not a traditional payroll role so you will not be doing full-cycle payroll. Instead you will create payroll plans for our customers .
- Able to become a subject matter expert. Your coworkers and Sparrow customers will look to you as a go-to resource for all things payroll.
Our work at Sparrow is impactful. We help People teams with one of the hardest parts of their job, and we support employees at a time when they need it most. We’re driven by our mission, much like a nonprofit, but with the resources and scale of a fast-growing venture-backed company.
Sparrow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. While we are united by our excitement for the mission and product, the diversity of our experiences is one of our strengths. The Sparrow team is made up of people with all types of backgrounds, and we have teammates in 30 states and counting. To learn more about the Sparrow team and its benefits, check out our careers page.
Something looks off?