Chief of Staff
South Park Commons
South Park Commons (SPC) is a community of technical builders, tinkerers, and domain experts that challenge you, encourage you, and help you build and validate your ideas. We believe good ideas rarely come about in isolation. For the most talented technologists in the -1 to 0 stage of their career, SPC is the best place to explore the bounds of their creativity and ambition.
The South Park Commons Fund was co-founded by Aditya Agarwal, one of the first engineers at Facebook. Since then, he co-founded Cove and then served as the Dropbox CTO for 6 years. He has made over 100 early-stage investments in a portfolio that ranges from Pinterest, Quora, Asana, Brex to cryptocurrencies and biotech companies like Stemcentrx. You’ll have an incredible opportunity to work hand-in-hand with Aditya on both the community and fund to define the next generation of great companies and shepherd them to technical and operational excellence.
This role is based out of either SF or NYC.
- Experience all aspects of entrepreneurship full stack from idea generation to funding and scaling
- Access to an extensive community (members, advisors, speakers) of proven innovators and operators like Reid Hoffman, Mike Kreiger, Matt Rogers, Ruchi Sanghvi
- Be instrumental in building and scaling South Park Commons. We’re just getting started and have a lot of interesting products and programs in the pipeline
- Successful CoS candidates have the opportunity to move into a role within South Park Commons, in the extended portfolio or start a company of their own
Collaborate with and assist Aditya with making investments and supporting portfolio companies
- Qualify, manage, and track new investment opportunities and assist in financial due diligence
- Play a key role at all partner meetings (proactively drive meeting preparation, ensure flawless quality of follow-through)
- Support portfolio company founders by helping to drive strategic initiatives, assessing growth opportunities and creating and delivering valuable solutions as needed
Communications and Fund Operations
- Manage communications to external stakeholders including LPs and entrepreneurial community
- Manage and track relationships and communications within SPC portfolio community and the broader investment ecosystem.
- Successfully manage and scale partners’ outward facing activities (e.g., speaking engagements, social media)
- Help curate and organize the speaker program at South Park Commons
- Execute flawlessly on special projects for the community including potential expansion and new programs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with investment team, external vendors to drive projects to completion- no project is too big or too small.
- You’re skilled. You have experience at a top tier startup, investment bank, consulting firm
- You’re plugged in. Digital fluency and meaningful exposure to tech and/or the tech investing ecosystem
- You’re a team player. A natural collaborator with low ego and a proactive disposition.
- You make results happen. Action-driven with a high sense of urgency that’s balanced with strong attention to detail, quality orientation and organizational skills. Plus you do all of this with a high degree of independence.
- You’ll make us look good. Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills. Arguably, you could have written a better job description than this.