South Park Commons
South Park Commons (SPC) is a community of technical builders, tinkerers, and domain experts that challenge you, encourage you, and help you build and validate your ideas. We believe good ideas rarely come about in isolation. For the most talented technologists in the -1 to 0 stage of their career, SPC is the best place to explore the bounds of their creativity and ambition.
The Investment Principal will be key to making sure the SPC Fund remains in the top echelon of funds and delivers the most value for members and portfolio founders.
This role is based out of New York City.
Mentorship for SPC founders
- Mentor SPC members and help them test ideas, size markets, and iterate through products as they build conviction
- Develop and execute founder-focused programming to support the ideation and validation process
Portfolio Management and Investment Diligence
- Qualify, manage, and track new investment opportunities and assist in investment due diligence
- Support the deal process by preparing investment memos and performing deep-dive industry analysis
- Maintain fund strategy and financial models
Member Recruiting / Networking
- Identify and source potential new community members who are in the -1 to 0 stage
- Interview and evaluate new members for the community
- Forge relationships with other early stage communities
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the startup ecosystem to recruit members, source deals and support existing portfolio companies
Critical Fund Operations
- Own and execute capital calls, distributions, tax and audit
- Review and execute legal docs for investments
- You’re highly skilled and have killer product instincts, with 5+ years of experience starting a company, working at a venture firm or working at a breakout tech company like Stripe, Figma, or Airtable.
- You’re fluent with financials, capable of quickly sizing markets and confident in your ability to make recommendations based on thorough analysis.
- You have an impeccable eye for detail and can be trusted to independently follow through on the most critical fund operations.
- You’re a team player, a natural collaborator with low ego and a proactive disposition.
- You’re a networking powerhouse, adept at forging and nurturing relationships in the tech and startup ecosystem. Your skill in connecting with industry influencers, venture capitalists, and up-and-coming tech talents ensures a constant influx of potential members and investment opportunities.
- You have your finger on the pulse of innovation, always tuned into the latest tech trends and startup breakthroughs.
- You excel in talent scouting, with a proven track record of identifying and recruiting top-tier tech talent. Your deep understanding of what makes a successful startup founder enables you to spot potential in individuals at the earliest stages of their entrepreneurial journey.