South Park Commons
New York, NY, USA · San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
About South Park Commons
South Park Commons (SPC) is a community of technologists, entrepreneurs and domain experts that challenges you, encourages you, and helps you build and validate your ideas into companies. For the most talented technologists in the -1 to 0 stage of their career, SPC is the best place to be. We partner with entrepreneurs early in their journeys and invest in their first round of financing.
The Principal will be key to making sure the SPC Fund remains in the top echelon of funds and delivers the most value for members and portfolio founders.
Investment Diligence and Portfolio Management
- Qualify, manage, and track new investment opportunities and assist in financial due diligence
- Support the deal process by preparing investment memos and performing deep-dive industry analysis
- Maintain fund strategy and financial models
Mentorship and Programming for SPC founders
- Develop and execute founder-focused programming to support the ideation and validation process
- Mentor SPC members and help them test ideas, size markets, and iterate through products as they build conviction
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the startup ecosystem to recruit members, source deals and support existing portfolio companies
Critical Fund Operations
- Own and execute capital calls, distributions, tax and audit
- Review and execute legal docs for investments
- Coordinate payment of invoices and fees
- You’re highly skilled and have killer product instincts, with 5+ years of experience starting a company, working at a breakout tech company like Stripe, Figma, or Airtable, or venture capital firm.
- You’re fluent with financials, capable of quickly sizing markets and confident in your ability to make recommendations based on thorough analysis.
- You have an impeccable eye for detail and can be trusted to independently follow through on the most critical fund operations.
- You’re a team player, a natural collaborator with low ego and a proactive disposition.
- Bonus: you are a part of hacker networks, tied-in with what and who are interesting in the startup world.
South Park Commons is an equal opportunity employer.