Program Associate / Manager
South Park Commons
About South Park Commons
South Park Commons (SPC) is a community of technologists, entrepreneurs, and domain experts that challenge you, encourage you, and help you build and validate your ideas into companies. We partner with entrepreneurs early and lead their first round of financing. For the most talented technologists in the -1 to 0 stage of their career, SPC is the best place to be.
We encourage open exploration, a process that relies on exposing our members to new ideas, people, and challenges. This role is an opportunity to facilitate events and design curricular programming that promote learning and connection across a community of talented people.
Below are examples of programming that fill an SPC member’s calendar that you will support and own.
- Curricular Programming that supports our member-led, topic-focused learning forums on subjects like Artificial Intelligence, Deep Tech, Startup Founding, & more.
- Social Events that help members authentically connect. Examples include Wine Wednesdays, happy hours, hikes, holiday parties, and summer BBQs.
- External Speaker Series that facilitate members’ exploration. Previous speakers have included Nobel Laureates like Dr. Perlmutter and Dr. Doudna, civic leaders like Mayor London Breed, CEOs like Mark Zuckerberg and Reid Hoffman, and hundreds of others.
- Hackathons, Conferences, & Demo Days that focus on building. In the past we’ve collaborated with other companies and organizations like Stripe and Electric Capital to organize community-wide hackathons.
- Strategize and plan SPC’s yearly programming and event calendar in collaboration with internal stakeholders and members
- Act as day-to-day producer responsible for successful execution, scheduling, and logistics
- Collaborate with Marketing Partner to develop brand, content, and messaging to market pre and post event
- Evaluate effectiveness and success of SPC’s programming and events
- Develop data collection strategies and processes to ensure desired content and analytics are tracked, recorded and leveraged for future programs
- You’re skilled. Minimum 2 years experience at a startup or established tech company owning large projects end to end. This could be in product, operations, or similar functions.
- You’re results-driven. We are a small, lean team and are looking for teammates who are capable of embodying the GSD ethos.
- You’re plugged in. Digital fluency and meaningful exposure to tech and/or the tech investing ecosystem.
- You’re a team player, a natural collaborator with low ego and a proactive disposition. No task is above or beneath you.
- You’ll make us look good. Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. You could have written a better job description than this.