Program Manager Associate
About the Program Manager Associate Role
SPC is a community for open exploration, a process that relies on exposing our members to new ideas, people, and challenges. This role is an opportunity to facilitate events and design curricular programming that promote learning and connection across a community of talented people.
Below are examples of programming that fill an SPC member’s calendar:
Internal Events that allow members to learn from each other and outside experts. Examples include public speaking workshops and peer skillsharing sessions.
Curricular Programming that supports our member-led, topic-focused learning forums on subjects like Artificial Intelligence, Deep Tech, Startup Founding, & more.
Social Events that help members authentically connect. Examples include Wine Wednesdays, happy hours, hikes, holiday parties, and summer BBQs.
External Speaker Series that facilitate members’ exploration. Previous speakers have included Nobel Laureates like Dr. Perlmutter and Dr. Doudna, civic leaders like Mayor London Breed, CEOs like Mark Zuckerberg and Reid Hoffman, and hundreds of others.
Hackathons, Conferences, & Demo Days that focus on building. In the past we’ve collaborated with other companies and organizations like Stripe and Electric Capital to organize community-wide hackathons.
- Strategize and plan SPC’s yearly event calendar in collaboration with internal stakeholders and members
- Help recruit and curate a stellar speaker roster. Serve as the point person for managing speakers and content to create delightful, engaging and inspiring experiences
- Act as day-to-day producer responsible for successful execution, scheduling, and logistics
- Collaborate with Marketing Partner to develop brand, content, and messaging to market pre and post event
- Work with our Learning Lead to ensure forum programming features events and workshops that encourage active participation
- Implement, maintain, and update processes and playbooks for repeatability and scalability of events
- Develop and execute data collection strategies and processes to ensure desired content and analytics are tracked, recorded and leveraged for future programs
We are a small, lean team. We expect you to operate with autonomy and roll up your sleeves. SPC is a member-led community, so we’re constantly evolving based on our members’ ideas. Your role will grow accordingly. As we explore new formats and programs for members, you’ll have the mandate to design and implement them, evaluate our experiments, and make recommendations for pivots or new directions. In other words, be bold, innovative, and even sometimes unorthodox in your approach.
About South Park Commons
South Park Commons (SPC) is a community of technical builders, tinkerers, and domain experts that challenge you, encourage you, and help you build and validate your ideas. We believe good ideas rarely come about in isolation. We are a safe zone that promotes judgment-free exploration and development of new ideas.
For technologists in the -1 to 0 stage in their career, SPC is the best place to be.