Head of Trust & Safety
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2023
At a time when social media today leaves you feeling more disconnected than ever, Sidechat helps you connect more deeply with the communities and interests that you care about.
* A strong founding team - the third and fourth hires of Snap, as well as the second product design hire
* Product-market fit - 2/3 of the students at our launch colleges are on the app with 2x the retention of Snap
* $10M in funding
We recently acquired Yik Yak to further our mission of bringing authenticity back to social media.
💪 About the Role
The Trust & Safety team is core to keeping our community safe. As the head of the organization you will:
* Build an industry-leading Trust & Safety organization.
* Oversee our current Trust & Safety team of 7 full-time employees and 75 part-time moderators.
* Leverage artificial intelligence to improve our moderation efforts.
* Address and resolve escalated issues in a timely and effective manner, while focusing on user experience and satisfaction.
* Provide regular updates to the co-founders on Trust & Safety performance, trends, and initiatives.
* Assess potential risks, vulnerabilities, and trends, and devise strategies to mitigate them.
* Stay current on industry best practices, regulations, and emerging technologies to inform and enhance our Trust & Safety approach.
* Report directly to the co-founder and CEO
👀 What We’re Looking For
* A positive attitude and willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
* Desire to learn and scale as the company grows.
* A passion for keeping our community safe.
* Past role in product management or executive leadership.
We are based in NYC and remote friendly.
See more open positions at sidechat.lol
Something looks off?