At Render we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches so developers and businesses can focus on building products instead of managing servers.
We're a talented and diverse group solving a problem faced by every development team. We iterate quickly while placing the utmost importance on user experience, quality, and reliability. We push ourselves to do better every day. With over half a million customers and rapidly increasing revenue, we're on to something big.
Applying to Render:
We're looking for candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn. We use reasoned discussion and constant feedback to improve as individuals and as a company. We cultivate mutual trust and respect, empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and our team.
We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups in the tech community to apply and understand that not all successful candidates will meet each requirement listed.
Our interview process is unique to each role, and we value the candidate experience just as much as our customer experience. We hope your conversations with us reflect a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time.
About the role:
As a founding Sales Engineer at Render, you will be the face of Render to new customers, take the lead on answering technical questions and best practices, explore and build potential solutions, all while guiding prospects toward our product's 'Aha!' moment. You will champion a value-driven sales experience focused on learning the customer's unique technical needs and building trust before talking about our platform. Working alongside Engineering, Product, and Design, you will strengthen our feedback loop by uncovering and surfacing the needs of our enterprise customers to ensure they are understood and addressed in future roadmaps. By joining as one of the earliest sales hires, you will play a foundational role in Render's growth.
What you'll do at Render:
- Own the full sales cycle, from identifying to cultivating to closing to growing customers, leveraging your extensive competitive knowledge, advanced technical skills, and credibility each step of the way
- Build the pipeline we need to achieve future revenue targets
- Partner with Product and Engineering to refine and articulate Render's value proposition, solutions, and services and how they can be applied to solve business needs
- Develop demos, presentations, technical evaluations, proofs of concept, and when applicable, provide hands-on enablement to prospects and customers
- Collaborate with the team to enhance documentation, write blog posts, record videos, contribute knowledge base articles, and create other public and internal enablement material
- Be the voice of our enterprise customers and advocate for their specific technical challenges ensuring they're represented in Render's company vision and strategy
We're looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in a Sales Engineering role (or similar), with most of that time working on developer tools in a high-growth environment
- Exceptional communication skills across writing and conversation; you can skillfully articulate how our technology works, our value proposition, and the technical advantages of our product with ease
- Knowledge of cloud and platform-as-a-service spaces, best practices, and technical competitive advantages
- Strong technical skills with a background in developing production level applications in languages like Python, Ruby, Go, etc.
- A self-starter who can build from the ground up and manage complex projects requiring sound judgment, collaboration, and leadership
- A love for solving technical challenges and bringing creative solutions to our customers
- Experience in developer experience, including CI/CD, testing strategies, deployment methodologies, deployment automation, software quality, artifact management, and code scanning
- Experience deploying, operating, and managing production-level PostgreSQL, Redis or other database systems at scale (e.g., in "as-a-service" environment)
- Experience maintaining cloud infrastructure
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Our openings span more than one career level. The starting salary for this role is between $150,000 and $200,000 USD. The provided salary depends on many factors, such as work experience and transferable skills, business needs and impact, and market demands.
- The opportunity is also eligible for equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, available from day one.
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child. We will also work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available as well.
- Monthly lifestyle stipend for wellness, mental heath and therapy, hobbies, etc.
- Monthly cell phone and internet subsidy.
- Commuter benefits for Renders in the Bay Area, and home office stipends for remote Renders.
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal-opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can't wait to hear from you!