VP of Finance
At Render we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches so developers and businesses can focus on building products instead of managing servers.
We're a talented and diverse group solving a problem faced by every development team. We iterate quickly while placing the utmost importance on user experience, quality, and reliability. We push ourselves to do better every day. With over half a million customers and rapidly increasing revenue, we're on to something big.
Applying to Render:
We're looking for candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn. We use reasoned discussion and constant feedback to improve as individuals and as a company. We cultivate mutual trust and respect, empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and our team.
We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups in the tech community to apply and understand that not all successful candidates will meet each requirement listed.
Our interview process is unique to each role, and we value the candidate experience just as much as our customer experience. We hope your conversations with us reflect a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time.
About the role:
Render is looking to hire a strategic VP of Finance to scale the business in close partnership with the CEO and other leaders at the company. You will play the role of Chief Resource Allocator, developing a detailed, cross-functional understanding of our business and market to help select, prioritize and quantify our biggest investments. This is a rare opportunity to accelerate the growth of a company with strong market momentum and the potential to dramatically improve how software runs in the cloud. Your impact here will be profound.
We're proud to share our $50M Series B led by Bessemer Venture Partners, with enthusiastic participation from existing investors Addition, General Catalyst, and the South Park Commons Fund.
We are considering candidates to work out of our San Francisco HQ. Relocation assistance is available.
As Render's VP of Finance, you will:
- Lead the development of actionable financial plans and forecasts, informing key resource allocation decisions across all company functions.
- Develop detailed customer segments and revenue funnel metrics to increase visibility into Render's growth drivers and improve customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Manage cash burn and conduct scenario analyses to ensure financial health over the long term.
- Identify unique investment opportunities and assess and optimize risk for new projects.
- Continuously monitor, adjust, and communicate our financial plans to the rest of the company to increase financial literacy, transparency, and alignment.
- Manage our accounting structure, systems, and operating procedures to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- Cultivate strong relationships with our investors through high-quality reporting and board materials, improving their understanding of key business drivers and Render's long-term direction.
- Develop fundraising strategies, build relationships with potential investment partners, and coordinate new funding rounds.
- Build a high-performing finance team that serves as a trusted partner to the rest of the organization.
- Oversee vendor negotiations, contracts, and procurement.
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You are well-versed in the economics of rapidly scaling product-led businesses with a self-serve revenue model.
- You have worked closely with marketing, sales, and EPD teams to allocate spend and analyze, model, and and optimize revenue funnels.
- You are driven by impact and outcomes. You are hands-on and have a track record of moving quickly and making great decisions under tight timelines.
- You are comfortable planning around ambiguity, and have a strong track record of helping companies develop and achieve ambitious financial targets.
- You are a service-oriented leader with high integrity and low ego. You lead by providing the right context to your team and the broader organization, and inspire team members to go above and beyond.
Benefits we offer:
- Our openings span more than one career level. The starting salary for this role is between $250,000 and $300,000 USD. The provided salary depends on many factors, such as work experience and transferable skills, business needs and impact, and market demands.
- The opportunity is also eligible for equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child, plus an additional 5 days off during your first few weeks back. We will work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available too.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly commuter stipend for Bay Area employees, and a home office stipend for remote employees
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal-opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can't wait to hear from you!