Product Manager, Expansion
At Render we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches so developers and businesses can focus on building products instead of managing servers.
We're a talented and diverse group solving a problem faced by every development team. We iterate quickly while placing the utmost importance on user experience, quality, and reliability. We push ourselves to do better every day. With tens of thousands of customers and rapidly increasing revenue, we're onto something big.
Applying to Render:
We're looking for candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn. We use reasoned discussion and constant feedback to improve as individuals and as a company. We cultivate mutual trust and respect, empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and our team.
We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups in the tech community to apply and understand that not all successful candidates will meet each requirement listed.
Our interview process is unique to each role, and we value the candidate experience just as much as our customer experience. We hope your conversations with us reflect a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time.
What you’ll do at Render:
- Be the founding PM for our Expansion team focused on making Render the best development platform for mid-market and enterprise development teams
- Partner with Leadership, Marketing, and Sales to set product vision and strategy
- Build strong relationships with our largest customers to understand their needs deeply and share those insights with your team and the broader organization
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, and Developer Relations to define and ship new features for mid-market and enterprise development teams
- Partner closely with Marketing and Leadership on pricing and packaging decisions for mid-market and enterprise customers
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in a Product Management role, with most of that time working on Enterprise or core product teams or similar at a product-led growth and/or developer tools company
- A love of high-quality, well-crafted user experiences and strong intuition for developer tools
- Ability to balance user insights and data with creativity and intuition to identify novel but simple solutions to problems
- Ability to anticipate the downstream effects of decisions and communicate these insights with your team and the broader organization
- Exceptional communication skills across writing and conversation
- Demonstrated track record in tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear outcomes
What would be nice to have but not required:
- Experience in a customer-facing role such as customer success or sales, particularly for a developer platform
- Experience as a developer professionally or a technical background
Some projects you might work on:
- Designing and building Render's developer pipeline tooling
- Identifying and advocating for strategic partnerships that serve mid-market and enterprise customers
- Prioritizing and delivering observability, management, and security features to meet the compliance needs of Render's largest customers
- Building new services or adding new functionality to existing platform features to better meet the needs of mid-market and enterprise customers
- Collaborating with Sales and Marketing to learn more about our mid-market and enterprise customers and their evolving needs and share this knowledge within the organization
- Our openings span more than one career level. The starting salary for this role is between $160,000 and $220,000 USD. The provided salary depends on many factors, such as work experience and transferable skills, business needs and impact, and market demands.
- The opportunity is also eligible for equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, available from day one.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child. We will also work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available too.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly commuter stipend for Bay Area employees, and a home office stipend for remote employees
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can't wait to hear from you!