At Render, we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches so developers and businesses can focus on building products instead of managing servers.
We're a talented and diverse group solving a problem faced by every development team. We iterate quickly while placing the utmost importance on user experience, quality, and reliability. We push ourselves to do better every day. With tens of thousands of customers and rapidly increasing revenue, we're on to something big.
Applying to Render:
We're looking for candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn. We use reasoned discussion and constant feedback to improve as individuals and as a company. We cultivate mutual trust and respect, empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and our team.
We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups in the tech community to apply.
Our interview process is unique to each role, and we value the candidate experience just as much as our customer experience. We hope your conversations with us reflect a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time.
About the role:
Render is scaling rapidly, and we are seeking a skilled IT Engineer to join our Security Engineering team. As the first person in this role, you will be entrusted with the pivotal responsibility of designing and implementing our rapidly expanding corporate infrastructure.
This hire will primarily work in-office out of our San Francisco HQ.
- Enhance Render's management infrastructure for user systems, including macOS, Linux, Windows, and mobile devices.
- Oversee endpoint security measures to ensure robust protection of corporate assets.
- Seamlessly integrate new and existing systems into Render's corporate account management and access provisioning systems and processes.
- Develop efficient workflows to streamline employee and contractor account lifecycle processing.
- Collaborate with others to identify opportunities for automation and other improvements, including creating self-service capabilities wherever feasible.
We’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in IT, tech ops, infrastructure engineering, or a related field
- Strong proficiency in at least one scripting language (e.g., Python, Bash)
- Practical experience in managing MacOS environments.
- Proficiency in working with MDM solutions, including creating configuration profiles for macOS and iOS management.
- Familiarity with interacting with HTTP-based APIs (e.g., REST) and associated frameworks.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to adeptly handle multiple challenges and creatively solve the most pressing problems.
- An interest and enthusiasm in security, automation, and enhancing productivity.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating with Security, DevOps, Corporate Engineering, and IT teams.
- Proficiency with APIs such as the Google Workspace API for automation
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud systems
- Experience with compliance such as SOC2, ISO27001
- Experience with deployment tools and software deployment processes (e.g., Git, Jenkins)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Our openings span more than one career level. The starting salary for this role is between $125,000 and $155,000 USD. The provided salary depends on many factors, such as work experience and transferable skills, business needs and impact, and market demands.
- The opportunity is also eligible for equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, available from day one.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child. We will also work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available too.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly commuter stipend for Bay Area employees
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal-opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can't wait to hear from you!
Something looks off?