Developer Content Manager
At Render we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches so developers and businesses can focus on building products instead of managing servers.
We're a talented and diverse group solving a problem faced by every development team. We iterate quickly while placing the utmost importance on user experience, quality, and reliability. We push ourselves to do better every day. With tens of thousands of customers and rapidly increasing revenue, we're onto something big.
Applying to Render:
We're looking for candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn. We use reasoned discussion and constant feedback to improve as individuals and as a company. We cultivate mutual trust and respect, empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and our team.
We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups in the tech community to apply and understand that not all successful candidates will meet each requirement listed.
Our interview process is unique to each role, and we value the candidate experience just as much as our customer experience. We hope your conversations with us reflect a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time.
What you’ll do at Render:
- Set vision and content strategy for developer documentation
- Write and maintain best-in-class developer documentation for new and existing platform functionality
- Work cross-functionally with product management, marketing, developer relations, engineering, and design peers
- Partner with engineering to write blog posts focused on Render's development process and features geared toward a technical developer audience
- Collect feedback from the developer community to validate that we're meeting their needs
- Design and ship high-quality developer onboarding tools and documentation
What we’re looking for:
- 5-8 years of experience working as a professional writer
- A love of high-quality, well-crafted writing and skill at developing a distinctive brand voice and style
- Ability to work independently to write articles from beginning to end coupled with an internal drive to seek feedback and improve
- Demonstrated track record in tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear outcomes
- Ability to be generative and creative when coming up with new ways to support developers as they're getting started on a new developer platform
What would be nice to have but not required:
- Experience partnering with engineering to write blog posts on technical design and new feature development for a technical developer audience
- A love of working with and demonstrated track record of building developer communities
Some projects you might work on:
- Improving the information architecture and organization of Render's developer documentation
- Partnering with product management, engineering, and marketing on documentation and onboarding for new features
- Developing new developer onboarding and education
- Engaging with the developer community to learn more about how we can better serve them
- Our openings span more than one career level. The starting salary for this role is between $150,000 and $180,000 USD. The provided salary depends on many factors, such as work experience and transferable skills, business needs and impact, and market demands.
- The opportunity is also eligible for equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child. We will also work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available too.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly commuter stipend for Bay Area employees, and a home office stipend for remote employees
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can't wait to hear from you!
Something looks off?