Security Engineer, Infrastructure
At Render we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches so developers and businesses can focus on building products instead of managing servers.
We're a talented and diverse group solving a problem faced by every development team. We iterate quickly while placing the utmost importance on user experience, quality, and reliability. We push ourselves to do better every day. With tens of thousands of customers and rapidly increasing revenue, we're on to something big.
Applying to Render:
We're looking for candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn. We use reasoned discussion and constant feedback to improve as individuals and as a company. We cultivate mutual trust and respect, empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and our team.
We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups in the tech community to apply and understand that not all successful candidates will meet each requirement listed.
Our interview process is unique to each role, and we value the candidate experience just as much as our customer experience. We hope your conversations with us reflect a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time.
About the role
Render is scaling rapidly. Our customers have created hundreds of thousands of services on our platform, and the numbers continue to accelerate. Our customers trust us to deliver a secure, reliable and performant cloud — this is our top priority as a company.
By joining us at an early stage, you will design, build and secure the cloud infrastructure you've always wanted for yourself, and make decisions that will shape our product and company, directly impacting developers around the globe.
We are looking for engineers with deep specialization in securing cloud infrastructure platforms. We are particularly interested in experience with container security.
- Plan and design for Render's security needs as we build out our infrastructure while partnering with engineers across the company
- Help design and build security and observability tools to monitor the security of our infrastructure.
- Develop, implement, and maintain infrastructure security services
- Collaborate with other engineers to help keep our platform stable, predictable, and secure
- Participate in our on-call rotation, with the rest of the security team
We’re looking for:
- Experience designing and building security systems and tools, particularly with a major cloud provider
- Ability to diagnose and fix security reliability problems in cloud infrastructure workloads
- Security hardening skills, especially in the context of untrusted workloads
- Experience securing Kubernetes or other container orchestration tools
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, Pulumi, and Ansible
- Experience building out security, particularly as an early engineer at a rapidly growing startup, in particular securing SaaS platforms
- Our openings span more than one career level. The starting salary for this role is between $140,000 and $190,000 USD. The provided salary depends on many factors, such as work experience and transferable skills, business needs and impact, and market demands.
- The opportunity is also eligible for equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, available from day one.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child. We will also work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available too.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly commuter stipend for Bay Area employees, and a home office stipend for remote employees
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can't wait to hear from you!
Something looks off?