Technical Account Manager
PlanetScale is the modern MySQL platform. Our products are loved by developers, builders, scalers, creators, and enterprise buyers alike.
Created by the people who built the infrastructure at YouTube, Instagram, GitHub, and Slack. PlanetScale is a series C start-up with over $100 million in funding raised; and backed by leading investors such as a16z, SignalFire, Insight Partners, and Kleiner Perkins. We are just getting started!
We are just getting started!
You will act as the primary point of contact and advocate for the customer for a set of enterprise accounts. When customers have questions you find the right person to respond. If there is a feature request you can translate the need to an actionable task for the appropriate team, whether Support, Product or Engineering. Specifically:
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to track and advocate for customer’s technical requirements.
- Handle the negotiation of project milestone adjustments with customers.
- Assist the Product team in collecting and prioritizing customer requirements across multiple customers.
- Develop methods to leverage individual customer engagement and support interactions across multiple customers.
- Ensure that product-related queries are responded to in a timely manner and that completed requirements are delivered in a good condition.
- Work cross functionally to complete a wide range of projects like: documentation improvements, renewal tracking, ticketing system improvements, etc.
These attributes best describe you…
- You understand at a conceptual level deeply technical conversations.
- You make well reasoned prioritization decisions when faced with a variety of changing constraints.
- Context switching doesn’t frustrate you, but motivates you as you tackle tasks.
- You empathize with customers and approach requests with patience and persistence.
- Your communication and interpersonal skills enable you to work well with a wide range of teams.
- You enjoy organizing, task tracking, and playing schedule tetris, but can also navigate the chaotic aspects of a startup.
What you will need
- 1-2 years of relevant experience at a technology focused company in Technical Account Management.
- Working knowledge of or prior experience providing customer support. While you will not be providing direct support, you will be working closely with our Customer Engineering team and will need to understand support processes.
- Working knowledge of or prior experience with Sales. While you will not be directly selling, you will be working closely with our Sales team and will need to understand sales processes.
- Willingness to explore and learn new technologies and the vast array of implementation strategies employed by our customers.
- Strong ability to communicate and deal directly with customers, whether in email, Slack, video conference, or in person.
At PlanetScale we believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive no matter the location. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We strive to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are a candidate or an employee. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, pregnancy status, and veteran status.
If you need any accommodations, please inform our Talent Acquisition team upon initial contact. We are happy to accommodate you!
Total Compensation and Pay Transparency
An employee’s total compensation consists of base salary + variable comp where appropriate + benefits + equity. A member of our Talent Acquisition team will be happy to answer any further questions when we engage with you to begin the interview process.
Salary Ranges: $66,000 - $78,000