Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Planet Scale is the modern MySQL platform. Our products are loved by developers, builders, scalers, creators, and enterprise buyers alike. Created by the people who built the infrastructure at YouTube, Instagram, GitHub, and Slack. PlanetScale is a series C start-up with over $100 million in funding raised; and backed by leading investors such as a16z, SignalFire, Insight Partners, and Kleiner Perkins. We are just getting started!
Why PlanetScale Marketing?
The Marketing team at PlanetScale drives awareness and adoption of our database platform through storytelling, brand activations, demand generation, community building, and education. We are responsible for transforming how the industry thinks about using and developing alongside databases. We are changing the game, and that’s no easy feat.
We are currently hiring a Senior Digital Marketing Manager who will be responsible for developing and implementing digital strategies and experiments that will help us acquire and convert new customers and improve activation on existing customers via self-serve and sales channels by using channels and tactics.
What’s the job to be done?
- Develop and execute a comprehensive digital marketing plan that includes target audience identification, acquisition strategies, channel management and budget allocation to optimize our efforts.
- Directly manage and execute on our acquisition channels including organic, paid media (Paid Search, Paid Social, Display), influencer campaigns, affiliate marketing and content syndication.
- Define and execute an email marketing program for both prospects and users of our platform (nurtures, newsletters, ad-hoc emails).
- Lead our SEO strategy and implementation, monitoring website traffic as well as marketing initiatives and identify opportunities to improve efficiency. Work with our content and web team to provide strategic insight and technical guidance on SEO opportunities.
- Work with our web team making pages, navigation and landing pages the best experience for our customers.
- Lead our experimentation program managing and coordinating experiments to optimize our KPIs across web, content, email, paid media to improve conversion and optimize CAC.
- Analyze data and metrics to identify trends among channels and tactics and use these to create insights that can inform how we optimize the channels and campaigns.
- Report on ROI and performance of your campaigns on a weekly basis.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, developer education, and engineering teams to identify and prioritize growth opportunities, execute campaigns, and product launches.
- Select and partner with agencies and contractors as needed to produce content, optimize paid media or run experiments.
These attributes best describe you...
- A lover of data and can analyze a marketing funnel or web metrics in an instant; you can identify and size different growth opportunities and the various ways to meet them.
- You live and think about optimization of the funnel all the time.
- You have first-hand experience with strategy and execution SEM/SEO on developer oriented companies and email marketing. You can do it all, from strategy to getting it out.
- You get excited about things like landing pages, creative testing, and calls to action and know the importance that they have.
- You’re comfortable wearing many different hats including, webmaster, art director, content editor and more.
- You understand the basics of web code to be able to talk to developers directly.
- You are very familiar with many performance marketing and web analytics tools.
- You have a point of view and love educating others on SEO best practices.
- An energetic and willing attitude.
- Experience working cross-functionally with creatives, marketers, engineers, analysts and product managers.
- The ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations for senior executives.
- A hungry, infectious personality: we’re looking for someone determined and able to win.
- Thrives in and is able to help create an experimentation-centric culture.
What you will need
- 5+ years’ experience in digital marketing on developer focused companies.
- Solid project management skills: ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners, prioritize high impact activities, and keep complex projects moving forward.
- Deep knowledge of the digital tools like google analytics, sem rush, google trends, google search console, google tag manager, segment.
- Good knowledge of tracking and attribution.
- Proficient on self serving on analytics needs and with knowledge of Analytics tools like Tableau, Looker, Mode, etc. SQL knowledge is desirable.
- Good knowledge of the developer landscape and the forums tools they use (StackOverflow, GitHub, documentation, dev.to, blogs, etc.).
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
What else will help you be successful
- Experience working in a remote organization.
- Basic knowledge of open source development and communities.
At PlanetScale we believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive no matter the location. We strive to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are a candidate or an employee. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, pregnancy status, and veteran status.
If you need any accommodations, please inform our Talent Acquisition team upon initial contact. We are happy to accommodate you!
Total Compensation and Pay Transparency
An employee’s total compensation consists of base salary + variable comp where appropriate + benefits + equity. A member of our Talent Acquisition team will be happy to answer any further questions when we engage with you to begin the interview process.
Salary Ranges: $134,000 - $190,000