Head of Data
- Executives and GMs, who need data to inform strategy or report to the board/investors
- Operations, who will use data to hone their processes and make them more efficient
- EPD, who will use data to inform team strategy, prioritize work, and measure impact
- GTM who use data to develop campaigns, understand our target markets, and assess revenue performance
- 2 data analysts that can respond to high priority requests for dashboards and analytics on demand, but are primarily focused on building durable reporting for key company metrics
- 1 data engineer that owns the ETL pipeline/data warehousing solution and dashboarding tool that teams can use to self serve data
- Own the data infrastructure, analytical outputs, prioritization and roadmap
- Own the quality, understandability, and reporting of key company metrics from ingestion to modeling and reporting.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders across the company to understand and prioritize their needs
- Empower data-driven decision making across the company
- Hire, manage, and uplevel a team of Data Engineers, Analytics Engineers, and Data Analysts
- 7+ years of relevant Data experience
- Experienced hiring and building out impactful data organizations that own business outcomes
- Experienced managing both Data Analysts and Data Engineers
- Strategic and business-focused — you should understand the main business metrics we care about and be able to dive into the details to determine how those metrics are impacted
- Have experience/familiarity with our current tech stack (experience with all of these at once is not required): Cloud Services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP), Airflow, Segment, Fivetran, Snowflake, Mixpanel, Census, dbt, Looker
- Hands on enough to be a technical peer and mentor to the day-to-day work of the Data organization, from helping diagnose issues with our data pipelines to responding to urgent data requests from high-profile stakeholders across the company.
- Prior work on GTM metrics and with Revenue-related data sources (e.g. SFDC, Zuora)
- Finance experience or fluency with financial concepts
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Spring Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The base pay range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $182,000 - $247,000 in San Francisco, CA. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, full-time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.