Head of Consumer Goods & Retail Growth
- It’s a huge market
- They’re used to leveraging technology to solve core operating problems
- They have unique challenges in bookkeeping, taxes, and finance where they’re not well-served today
- Work closely with Pilot’s CEO and marketing team to brainstorm and execute on new, out-of-the-box experiments that directly drive revenue and customer adoption in this segment
- Start, optimize, repeat:
- Form a hypothesis about how we might get in front of this specific type of customer (presumably informed by, well, talking to them)
- Try it out, see if it works
- If it does, scale it up until you hit the point of diminishing returns
- If it doesn’t, shut it down
- Come up with the next hypothesis
- Use your analytical/technical abilities to scalably do things that a traditional marketer wouldn’t successfully do
- This job is not “sit back in your armchair and articulate the strategy and have other people do the actual work,” it’s “get in the weeds and make it happen”
- You’re a scrappy, super-quantitative generalist who is eager to roll up their sleeves, own a big, meaty project, and get the job done
- We’ve seen particular success in this role from former startup founders and from quant traders
- You’re curious, creative, and extremely self-directed
- You’re competitive and want to win
- It’s a huge plus if you already have a deep understanding of business owners of D2C/ecomm/consumer goods companies
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The base pay range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $133k - $215k in San Francisco, CA. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, full-time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.