Associate, CFO Services (CG&R)
Every day, we do exciting work that makes a difference to startup founders and business owners. At Pilot, you will be helping clients solve critical financial and business strategy challenges. Our team works with a multitude of high-growth startup clients from different industries and stages as their trusted advisor and hands-on strategic finance consultant.
The next big vertical for Pilot is Consumer & Retail. We're excited about this for a few reasons:
- Large, fast-growing market
- Used to leveraging technology to solve core operating problems
- Unique challenges in bookkeeping, taxes, and finance
As a Consumer & Retail Associate on the CFO Services team, you will help deliver world-class strategic finance advice and fundraising consulting directly to founders of some of the most exciting consumer startups. You will have endless opportunities to be a problem solver, creative thinker, and new business builder.
That’s life at Pilot. It could be for you.
- Partner with Senior Managers or Managers on the team to help our clients:
- Bring the latest analytical techniques plus a deep understanding of financial modeling to help clients develop financial models, budgets, and forecasts
- Develop models to track KPIs, analyze channel and SKU sales performance, enhance product margins, and forecast inventory & demand planning
- Be the world’s preeminent tech-enabled financial services firm - a trusted advisor for our clients on their most important financial and business decisions
- Deliver measurable and sustainable improvements in financial and business KPIs
- Keep business plans and projects on track and on budget with ongoing budget management and monitoring for variance reporting and rolling forecasts
- Support successful investor discussions and board meetings by analyzing and tracking relevant KPIs
- Support fundraising initiatives by drafting investor decks and assisting with mock pitches and term sheet comparisons
- Track and evaluate key Consumer & Retail CFO Services business initiatives including new experiments, offerings, and promotional campaigns
- Run ad-hoc analyses to help uncover growth opportunities, cost efficiencies, or ways to further scale the Consumer & Retail CFO Services offering
We are looking for people who demonstrate these aspects:
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in investment banking, management consulting, and/or strategic finance at a high-growth e-commerce/CPG company
- Technical expertise in accounting or finance for consumer & retail companies
- Advanced Excel modeling skills with an ability to own complicated models end-to-end
- Highly analytical with the ability to consume and process large amounts of unstructured information
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- High attention to detail
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment
- Strategic thinker and ability to independently carry out rigorous problem-solving
- Strong interest and passion for the Consumer & Retail industry
- This position is only available for remote employment in the United States in the following states: CA, GA, NY, NC, TN, TX, and WA
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Spring Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The base pay range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $91,000 - $155,000 in most remote locations, and between $114,000 - $155,000 in San Francisco, CA and New York City, NY. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, full-time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.