Finance Operations Account Manager
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to customer’s standards and trends.
- Responsible for month-end close procedures including preparation of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for sending out customer P&L (profit and loss), balance sheet, metrics and cash flow statements
- Develop proficiency at using our software to deliver high quality books to our customers
- Develop trusting relationships with customers, to understand their needs, and help them achieve the greatest value from Pilot
- Work cross-functionally to complete tasks to ensure we meet customer deadlines
- B.S. or M.S. in Accounting, Finance, or related fields is desired or previous experience reviewing or managing accounting or financials
- Experience with Quickbooks, Gusto, and Expensify is a plus
- Ability to learn new software systems quickly - tech savvy
- Dedicated to building strong relationships, providing exceptional customer experiences to customers and peers; Ability to work independently as well as part of a team environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills to drive creative solutions
- Comfortable driving positive outcomes and taking the initiative to be one step ahead; Seeking opportunity to learn and grow
- Excellent verbal communicator with exceptional written communication skills and understanding how to effectively communicate in a professional environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with strong attention to detail and accuracy within a fast-paced environment; Exceptional time management and organizational skills
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headspace, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
The base pay range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $47,000 - $81,000 in Nashville, TN. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors such as candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, total compensation, and market data. In addition to cash pay, full-time regular positions are eligible for equity, 401(k), health benefits, and other benefits; some of these benefits may be available for part-time or temporary positions.