Avionics Assembly, Integration, & Test Technician
About the role
Muon seeks an Avionics Assembly, Integration, & Test Technician to join our Integration team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and will play a key role in building and testing hardware while supporting development of our manufacturing processes. This role involves frequent hands-on tasks, requiring candidates to be local to the Bay Area.
Additional Role Requirements
- Work onsite at the Mountain View office location 5 days a week
- Some traveling will be necessary - up to 10% of the year
- Must be able to work overtime (including weekends) as needed
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted
- Ability to distinguish colors is required
- Perform assembly tasks for in-house designed hardware ranging from small components to the entire satellite
- Run environmental testing on components, and support environmental testing on the satellite
- Work directly with engineering to develop, build, and test procedures and processes in our production tools
- Build quick turn prototype, test, and flight harnesses
- Build quick turn prototype fixtures and jigs using available hardware
- Build avionics test equipment per direction from engineers
- Assist remote engineers in running lab activities including moving hardware, executing tests, and troubleshooting test setups
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration on avionics test systems
- Perform inspections on work performed by others
- Maintain clean room integrity including training, cleanliness tracking, and organization
- High school diploma or equivalency certification
- 4+ years of experience working on electrical hardware assembly and/or test
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in a paperless procedure system utilizing web tools for work orders/procedures
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with new challenges each week
- Demonstrated ability to build and test on time
- Experience in aerospace, aviation, military, or other high-reliability industry
- Experience with environmental test equipment including thermal chambers, thermal vacuum chambers, vibration/shock shaker tables, etc.
- Experience with multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Prior or current IPC-A-620, NASA 8739.4, or J-STD-001 certifications
- Experience with fabrication and machine shop tools such as lathe, bandsaw, manual mill, CNC mill, 3d printer, sheet metal brake, router, etc.
- Experience with reading and debugging scripting languages such as Python
- Torque wrench use, bonding (surface prep, mixing, application), taping
- Familiarity with working in a cleanroom
About Muon Space
Muon Space is working at the forefront of satellites, advanced sensors, business intelligence, and climate science to allow humanity to close the loop on climate change. From satellite missions to modeling to data analytics and actionable insights, we believe measuring, understanding and predicting Earth’s complex, coupled systems is both a great business opportunity and key to leaving future generations a livable, productive and healthy planet.
At Muon, our mission embraces the entire planet and we believe our team should too. Muon is dedicated to creating a diverse and dynamic company and workforce. We believe in equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you need a reasonable accommodation as part of your application for employment or interviews with us, please let us know.
At Muon Space salary is only part of our total compensation package. In addition to salary, Muon Space provides equity compensation as well as benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k retirement plan, life insurance, and an employee development program. We also offer three weeks paid vacation for new employees, along with 12 paid holidays and unlimited sick time, along with paid parental leave to name a few of our benefits.
The salary range for this role is $45 to $50 per hour and will depend on a candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience as defined during the interview process.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. protected person as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.