Senior Engineering Manager, Core Technology
Software Engineering, IT, Other Engineering
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
As the Senior Engineering Manager for the “SPA” (Sync, Process, and Apply) team at Material Security, you'll lead the team responsible for the core engine powering our products. SPA systems are responsible for syncing and processing large amounts of security-relevant data and includes our biggest scalability and reliability challenges.
Be part of an early, remote first, fast-growing team of experienced, world-class engineers, working to protect our users and their privacy (e.g inboxes from breaches, targeted phishing, fraud, and lateral account takeover).
- Deliver SPA subsystems capable of processing billions of events, emails, files, etc. that are reliable, performant, and cost-effective.
- You'll build and manage a diverse and inclusive team of engineers working on Material Security’s product(s) that directly impact customers.
- You'll create a healthy environment in your team that embodies Material Security’s values.
- You'll recruit, coach, and develop engineers; you'll ensure engineers are regularly receiving feedback and are making progress on personal and professional goals.
- You'll collaborate closely with cross-functional peers to set the direction of your team and develop your product roadmap.
- You'll facilitate planning—the prioritization, sequencing, and staffing of work—for your team.
- You'll own execution in your team to develop a steady cadence of delivering value to Material Security’s users.
- You'll be responsible for maintaining a high-quality bar for everything your team ships.
- You'll work with the rest of the Engineering team to shape how Material Security’s engineering organization works—you'll help develop our technical practices, recruiting and onboarding strategy, planning and prioritization process, and more.
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of engineering management experience, 8+ years of experience working in software engineering. 2+ years of experience as a Technical Lead.
- Track record of managing teams that have shipped systems with a high bar for reliability, performance, and operational excellence.
- You get things done across organizational and technical boundaries.
- You have experience driving large initiatives spanning across multiple teams in your current or previous roles, and excel at collaborating cross-team and cross-functionally.
- Focus on maximizing impact for yourself and your team.
- Ability to help evaluate and frame complex technical decisions that have cross-cutting impact.
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions.
Material Security is a remote-first workplace with an office in Redwood City, California.
By clicking "Apply for this Job", you acknowledge that you have read the California Candidate Privacy Notice Regarding Use of Personal Information and hereby agree to its terms.
Compensation at Material Security is determined by a range of factors, including but not limited to the individual’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience. The projected compensation range for this position is $183,600 to $290,400. The projected salary range is just one component of Material Security’s total compensation package for employees.