Software Engineer, Product
Software Engineering, Product
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
As a Software Engineer at Material Security, you'll be part of an early, remote first, fast-growing team of experienced, world-class engineers, working to protect our users and their privacy (e.g inboxes from breaches, targeted phishing, fraud, and lateral account takeover). Specifically, our Posture Management team focuses on identifying and mitigating misconfigurations and risky user behavior in Google and Microsoft accounts. For example, they’re thinking about finding MFA bypasses, overly-permissive OAuth grants, and risky forwarding and developing workflows to address these security gaps.
- Build and ship high-impact features or projects (in collaboration with product, design, and security) while leveraging modern frameworks and tooling.
- Lead medium-to-large projects using your technical expertise.
- Triage and address production issues with an eye towards maintainability and automation - take ownership of shipped code.
- Contribute to great engineering culture through active participation and mentorship.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to better understand customer and provide solutions.
What We're Looking For
- Technical Ability: Solid software engineering fundamentals, raw coding ability, and problem-solving ability are key. Ideal candidates are prolific but careful coders in at least one mainstream language and have the ability to easily pick up new ones (i.e. Typescript). They can quickly identify the best ways to tackle challenging problems while explaining their decisions to teammates.
- Technical Maturity: Our engineering team punches above its weight because everyone can write very high-quality code without too much oversight. The foresight to understand what risks we should/should-not take is crucial to reliably ship production code.
- Ownership: We love engineers who deeply care about the impact of their work and find satisfaction in a job well done. Strong ownership starts before the first line of code (is this the right approach?) and continues after the last commit is merged (now that we've shipped, how is this behaving in prod?).
- Attitude & Ambition: The best candidates are smart, hard-working, competitive, and not afraid to fail. They are team first but willing to take the lead with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Communication & Collaboration: We love teammates who can articulate challenges and solutions while actively supporting their peers.
Material Security is a remote-first workplace with an office in Redwood City, California.
By clicking "Apply for this Job", you acknowledge that you have read the California Candidate Privacy Notice Regarding Use of Personal Information and hereby agree to its terms.
Compensation at Material Security is determined by a range of factors, including but not limited to the individual’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience. The projected compensation range for this position is $113,900 to $301,400. The projected salary range is just one component of Material Security’s total compensation package for employees.