Redwood City, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Sunday, June 5, 2022
As a Solutions Engineer supporting our commercial customers at Material Security, you are the nexus between our customers and our engineering, product, and design teams. You'll work cross-functionally across these teams in order to provide technical education, guidance, support, and implementation for customer organizations both in pre-sales and post-sales.
- Act as the primary point of contact for customers in post-sales: managing their initial implementation and working with them on an ongoing basis to ensure their success with Material.
- Work with the product and engineering teams to translate customer needs and use cases into product features.
- Partner with organizations’ Security & IT teams as they evaluate purchasing Material Security: build and showcase demos, handle technical objections, and develop prospect relationships.
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or extend our solution while serving as the technical liaison with the go-to-market and engineering teams.
- Define, plan, and manage complex rollouts specific to customers’ unique requirements.
What we're looking for
- Technical Acumen: Experience in relevant use cases and environments (e.g. sold or managed a technical product, domain expertise in security, cloud email, IT, Google/Office 365, SSO, etc.). Ideal candidates have experience with coding and data analysis.
- Product Sense: Our Security Architect’s can stand toe-to-toe with our world-class product and design teams to design, build, and enhance the best user experiences.
- Project Management: Ability to multitask and efficiently handle multiple competing priorities, delegating when necessary while being highly organized, detail oriented, and having great time management skills.
- Customer Empathy: Have sincere empathy for the customer and a commitment to delving deep into the challenges they present or experience; our Security Architects have a natural tendency to take on new and unique customer asks/requirements.
- Attitude & Ambition: The best candidates are smart, hard-working, competitive, and not afraid to fail. They are team first but willing to take the lead with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Location: This role covers the West so must be located in the West region
Material Security is a remote-first workplace with an office in Redwood City, California.
By clicking "Apply for this Job", you acknowledge that you have read the California Candidate Privacy Notice Regarding Use of Personal Information and hereby agree to its terms.
Compensation at Material Security is determined by a range of factors, including but not limited to the individual’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience. The projected compensation range for this position is $120,000 to $185,000. The projected salary range is just one component of Material Security’s total compensation package for employees.