Research Scientist - Neural Rendering / Gaussian Splatting
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, November 14, 2022
If you’re passionate about Neural Rendering or NeRF research, Luma is the place to be. We are doing groundbreaking research and bringing latest advances in the field directly to users as delightful products.
You will work towards solving real-world challenges inherent in 3D capture, generative modeling, neural rendering and have access to an unprecedented amount of 3D data and compute. Every advancement you make will make 3D accessible to more and more people. You and your work will necessarily help define our technical roadmap, our product definition, and the trajectory of the company.
- Value velocity and execution.
- Communicate clearly.
- Focus on building what will matter to users and the product.
- Be resourceful at finding creative ways to overcome challenges.
- Academic or industry research experience in NeRF, Gaussian Splatting or related fields.
- Strong first principles understanding of Machine Learning.
- Proficiency in Python and PyTorch. CUDA is a plus, but not required.
- A strong foundation in 3D graphics is a plus, but not required.
- If you have worked on traditional 3D reconstruction (SfM) that's a plus.
- Equity grant to reflect the incredible value you will bring to Luma, with annual refreshes.
- Excellent salary and benefits.
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Latest and greatest gear.
- Stipends towards wellness, house cleaner, and phone/internet.
- Unlimited paid time off with 12 days minimum.
- Unlimited sick days.
Why Join Luma?
- In any role here, you will work with people experts in their field, and learn a *lot*
- We build. We ship. Your work will matter to people.
- We are building a very widely usable product, and you’ll get to work on equally wide variety of challenging problems.
- We have fantastic traction from early customers, whom you’ll get to work directly with.
- We have backing of some of the best VCs in Silicon Valley, and Angels from across the industry.