Senior iOS Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2022
Luma’s mission is to build multimodal AI to expand human imagination and capabilities.
We believe that multimodality is critical for intelligence. To go beyond language models and build more aware, capable and useful systems, the next step function change will come from vision. So, we are working on training and scaling up multimodal foundation models for systems that can see and understand, show and explain, and eventually interact with our world to effect change.
We are looking for people with strong product sense and a great taste for design. This role involves building performant generative interfaces, video editing, local ML inference, and crafting a scalable app.
- Value velocity and execution.
- Communicate clearly.
- Focus on building what will matter to users and the product.
- Be resourceful at finding creative ways to overcome challenges.
- 5+ years of deep expertise in developing and shipping delightful native iOS apps
- Strong software development skills, and proficiency in either Swift or Objective-C
- Experience working across the stack, interacting with a web server and local file systems
- Deep experience working with AVFoundation and/or Video ToolBox is a strong plus
- Experience building image, video editing apps is a plus
- Equity grant to reflect the incredible value you will bring to Luma, with annual refreshes.
- Excellent salary and benefits.
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Latest and greatest gear.
- Stipends towards wellness, house cleaner, and phone/internet.
- Unlimited paid time off with 12 days minimum.
- Unlimited sick days.
Why Join Luma?
- In any role here, you will work with people experts in their field, and learn a *lot*
- We build. We ship. Your work will matter to people.
- We are building a very widely usable product, and you’ll get to work on equally wide variety of challenging problems.
- We have fantastic traction from early customers, whom you’ll get to work directly with.
- We have backing of some of the best VCs in Silicon Valley, and Angels from across the industry.