Senior Backend Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2022
Luma’s mission is to build multimodal AI to expand human imagination and capabilities.
We believe that multimodality is critical for intelligence. To go beyond language models and build more aware, capable and useful systems, the next step function change will come from vision. So, we are working on training and scaling up multimodal foundation models for systems that can see and understand, show and explain, and eventually interact with our world to effect change.
You will work on building generative AI inference infra at an unprecedented scale. You’ll be responsible for Luma’s REST APIs, and backend systems. You will build infrastructure with thousands of GPUs in production serving SOTA machine-learning models to millions of luma users. You'll work closely with the research team to rapidly prototype, build, and optimize inference pipelines, and compute.
- Value velocity and execution.
- Communicate clearly.
- Focus on building what will matter to users and the product.
- Be resourceful at finding creative ways to overcome challenges.
- Requirement of 5+ years of experience as an industry software engineer, we will not consider new grads for this role.
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience deploying with Docker and Kubernetes
- Good understanding of security and authentication
- Experience designing and shipping state of the art and high-traffic REST APIs
- Experience deploying ML models is a strong plus but not required
- Equity grant to reflect the incredible value you will bring to Luma, with annual refreshes.
- Excellent salary and benefits.
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Latest and greatest gear.
- Stipends towards wellness, house cleaner, and phone/internet.
- Unlimited paid time off with 12 days minimum.
- Unlimited sick days.
Why Join Luma?
- You will get to work with the world best AI researchers, shipping their research to millions of users around the world
- You will be equipped with all the tools, technologies, resources and AI tools you need to get the job done
- We build. We ship. Your work will matter to people.
- We are building a very widely usable product, and you’ll get to work on equally wide variety of challenging problems.
- We have fantastic traction from early customers, whom you’ll get to work directly with.
- We have backing of some of the best VCs in Silicon Valley, and Angels from across the industry.