Backend Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2022
At Luma we’re working at the cutting-edge of 3D graphics, neural rendering, web graphics, and high performance computing. We are looking for a strong generalist software engineer to join us and help make 3D accessible to everyone.
You will work with the entire team in solving challenging and pressing problems. You’ll be responsible for Luma’s REST APIs, and backend systems. If you love software engineering, working on a broad set of problems, learning new things and growing quickly in an exceptional team then this position is for you.
- Value velocity and execution.
- Communicate clearly.
- Focus on building what will matter to users and the product.
- Be resourceful at finding creative ways to overcome challenges.
- 5+ years of experience as an industry software engineer
- Proficiency in either Node/Go, and experience with Python in production.
- Experience deploying with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of security and authentication.
- Experience designing and shipping good REST APIs.
- Experience working with ML models is a plus but not required.
- Equity grant to reflect the incredible value you will bring to Luma, with annual refreshes.
- Excellent salary and benefits.
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Latest and greatest gear.
- Stipends towards wellness, house cleaner, and phone/internet.
- Unlimited paid time off with 12 days minimum.
- Unlimited sick days.
Why Join Luma?
- In any role here, you will work with people experts in their field, and learn a *lot*
- We build. We ship. Your work will matter to people.
- We are building a very widely usable product, and you’ll get to work on equally wide variety of challenging problems.
- We have fantastic traction from early customers, whom you’ll get to work directly with.
- We have backing of some of the best VCs in Silicon Valley, and Angels from across the industry.