Chief of Staff (San Francisco)
People & HR, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
The Chief of Staff will work closely with CEO Kanjun Qiu and CTO Josh Albrecht as we scale Generally Intelligent. Kanjun herself started her career as the Chief of Staff at Dropbox, scaling the company from 200 to 1300 people.
This is a high-trust role with enormous growth potential. Your job is to do whatever it takes to make Generally Intelligent successful. Your work will cut across strategic initiatives and tactical execution with both internal and external folks.
Your work might include:
• Interview machine learning engineers and researchers
• Build relationships with potential partner companies and customers
• Represent Kanjun in internal and external communications, meetings, and events as needed
• Prepare quarterly board materials
• Research and reach out to people in order to build relationships, find guests for our podcast, and surface potential new opportunities
• Take over finance, legal, and HR
• Manage operations team, including assistants, event planners, and office coordinators
• Build systems to streamline operations and support company culture as we grow
• Build and manage press machine and social media marketing
• A fast learner
• Gets stuff done
• Can take on big projects and move them forward with little oversight
• Deep belief that AI today is a historical moment, like the Industrial Revolution or early Internet
• Strong writing skills
• Enjoy talking to people / working through others
• Interest in building an AI community around Generally Intelligent
Some backgrounds that could be a fit
• Experience in strategy consulting (e.g. McKinsey, BCG)
• Experience as an engineer or product manager with a desire to move to the business side
• Studied quantitative fields like math, computer science, physics, or computational biology
How to apply
All submissions are reviewed by a person, so we encourage you to include notes on why you're interested in working with us. If you have any other work you can showcase (open source code, side projects, etc.), certainly include it! We know that talent comes from many backgrounds, and we aim to build a team with diverse skillsets that spike strongly in different areas.
We try to reply either way within a week or two at most (usually much sooner).
We started Generally Intelligent because we believe that software with human-level intelligence will have a transformative impact on the world. We’re dedicated to ensuring that that impact is a positive one.
We have enough funding to freely pursue our research goals over the next decade, and our backers include Y Combinator, researchers from OpenAI, Astera Institute, and a number of private individuals who care about effective altruism and scientific research.
Our research is focused on agents for digital environments (ex: browser, desktop, documents), using RL, large language models, and self supervised learning. We’re excited about opportunities to use simulated data, network architecture search, and good theoretical understanding of deep learning to make progress on these problems. We take a focused, engineering-driven approach to research.
See more open positions at Generally Intelligent
Something looks off?