Technical Recruiter/Talent Coach
IT, People & HR
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Here at Generally Intelligent, recruiting is mission critical. We believe recruiting is not just about evaluating candidates, but also about understanding them and their journeys on a deep level. And we strive to be thoughtful and as transparent as possible—here’s a blog post explaining our recruiting process in depth.
As our Recruiter/Talent Coach, you will be responsible for owning the candidate experience and growing our team.
No recruiting experience necessary. We’re looking for someone who enjoys connecting with people all day every day, gets stuff done, and wants to help build the future of our team. If you’re hungry, have killer people instincts, and want to play a role in building general AI agents, we can’t wait to meet you!
• You’re endlessly curious about people and enjoy supporting their journeys.
• You're high agency, scrappy, and excited to take ownership over building the Generally Intelligent team.
• A background in recruiting is not required and not expected—everything you need to know can be learned on the job
• You’re able to quickly get a sense of a person and their motivations.
• You’re excited to be on Zoom calls with candidates at least 50% of the workday.
• You’re excited to dive deeper into AI and synthesize technical concepts to a degree that you can explain them to a technical audience (e.g. explaining our roadmap, outlining current research projects, etc.).
• A background in psychology, personal coaching, or other high-interaction professions is a plus (though absolutely not required).
What you'll do
• One of your primary responsibilities will be to conduct initial chats with candidates, though these will be more career coaching sessions than typical recruiter screens. On these calls, you’ll get a sense of the candidate’s motivations, existing skillset, and personal/professional needs.
• Supported by a recruiting coordinator, you will manage the end-to-end pipeline of candidates from application to closing the offer. This involves frequent touch points with candidates to support them throughout the process.
• Supported by talent sourcers, you will be responsible for managing the top-of-funnel efforts, including overseeing outreach campaigns, filtering applicants, and working with agencies.
How to apply
All submissions are reviewed by a person, so we encourage you to include notes on why you're interested in working with us. If you have any other work that you can showcase (open source code, side projects, etc.), certainly include it! We know that talent comes from many backgrounds, and we aim to build a team with diverse skill sets that spike strongly in different areas.
We try to reply either way within a week or two at most (usually much sooner).
We started Generally Intelligent because we believe that software with human-level intelligence will have a transformative impact on the world. We’re dedicated to ensuring that that impact is a positive one.
We have enough funding to freely pursue our research goals over the next decade, and our backers include Y Combinator, researchers from OpenAI, Astera Institute, and a number of private individuals who care about effective altruism and scientific research.
Our research is focused on agents for digital environments (ex: browser, desktop, documents), using RL, large language models, and self supervised learning. We’re excited about opportunities to use simulated data, network architecture search, and good theoretical understanding of deep learning to make progress on these problems. We take a focused, engineering-driven approach to research.
See more open positions at Generally Intelligent
Something looks off?