Centari is building the first AI-native “second brain” for legal teams. Our platform extracts highly valuable – but previously untapped – insights from complex contracts and empowers lawyers to negotiate deals with the full force of their team’s collective knowledge. We call it data-driven dealmaking, and we believe it’s going to transform the legal industry as we know it.
We are backed by leading investors in generative AI, including South Park Commons, Jack Altman, and leaders from law firms and in-house legal teams. For more information, check out our press release.
About the Role
We are hiring a skilled and motivated Founding Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and building the core technology for Centari’s product. This role is ideal for candidates who want to build on the cutting edge of generative AI use cases for one of the largest industries in the world.
You will be deeply ingrained in Centari’s product development cycle and will see the immediate impact of your work on the lives of our customers. Your primary focus areas will be developing scalable and efficient systems for data ingestion, machine learning and inference, and enterprise search, while ensuring high performance, reliability, and security.
Centari is a remote-friendly company within the United States. Candidates must work primarily from a U.S. timezone. Visa sponsorship is not available.
- Work directly with the CTO and other team members to design, develop, and maintain a frontend application, backend, and data processing pipeline built in NextJS and Go.
- Write efficient, clean, and reusable code following best practices and industry standards.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance, scalability, and reliability issues as they arise.
Areas of Focus
- Automated document processing and understanding.
- Search and ranking.
- Real-time event-based data infrastructure.
- A beautiful and intuitive UI for team knowledge management.
- WebSockets and GraphQL.
- auth0, LDAP, SSO.
- Customizing and deploying opensource ML models.
- Customizing embeddings for specific tasks.
- Configuring and using Kubernetes.
- Building integrations with: Microsoft Office, document management systems, Stripe.
- You should have exposure to, and interest in, at least a few of the Areas of Focus.
- You should have a high level of experience with using a strongly typed language in building complex real-time systems.
- You should be familiar with different system architectures and their tradeoffs.
- You should be familiar with different data and ML infrastructure technologies and their tradeoffs.
- You should be ready to roll up your sleeves to drive Centari forward, tackling complex problems for our customers and making a positive impact on the practice of law.
- You should be a US Citizen / Permanent resident.
Opportunity, Compensation, and Benefits
- Significant equity in high growth company
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote-friendly within the United States
- Flexible PTO
Submit Application or email your resume and a short cover note to [email protected]