Software Engineer, Product Backend
Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. One of the most rewarding parts of building a toolkit is seeing the incredible things your users create with it. We’ve seen our largest and most sophisticated customers use Airtable to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate precision manufacturing and 3D printing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed mission-critical data into a single source of truth.
The flexible nature of Airtable’s product translates to many unique backend engineering challenges. We are building a relational database engine that supports real-time synchronization between different users, revision history, a powerful formulas engine, workflows and automations, snapshotting, and more. We are looking for talented backend engineers to help us evolve our database engine to meet our customers’ most critical needs around performance and scale.
In addition, Airtable’s infrastructure is also evolving to meet the needs of our fast growing engineering org. We are looking for backend engineers to join our performance & architecture pod to help improve critical product infrastructure, with a focus on building systems that have a great developer experience and will scale as we grow.
Learn more about our Engineering team and values here.
What you'll do
- Design shared infrastructure components of Airtable’s shared infrastructure, optimizing for the developer experience, scaling, performance, reliability, and long-term maintainability
- Take responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core Airtable features end to end, for maximum customer and business impact
- Take full ownership of backend services, including responsibility for deploys, monitoring, debugging, and overall reliability
- Work at all levels of the stack with a concentration on the backend. Work with Node.JS, MySQL, and AWS services
Who you are
- You’re a backend engineering specialist or software engineering generalist with 2+ years of industry experience who is willing to learn new technologies and apply them in a fast changing environment
- You have experience in areas such as databases, distributed systems, service oriented architectures, and backend performance measurement and optimization
- You derive joy from refactoring and building clean abstractions in order to make complex systems fun to develop on and easy to understand
- You have a strong background in computer science with a degree in CS or a related field.
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $155,200 - $200,900 for work locations in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, NYC and LA. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation. To learn more about our comprehensive benefit offerings, please check out Life at Airtable.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.