Director of Sales Development
As the Director of Sales Development at Airtable, your role will be critical in defining and executing the strategy for pipeline growth. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the sales development team's full strategy, including all hiring and talent development. You will also drive revenue growth, acting as a key revenue driver in our high-growth organization. Furthermore, you will need to build an agile team that can test and validate sales-led motions to drive revenue growth.
Your main focus will be to standardize and scale our outbound pipeline efforts and create predictability within our top-of-funnel engines. Additionally, you will be a key leader in our Austin office, fostering culture and cohesion between teams. You will set the standard for excellence and scale both the size and scope of our Business Development Team over time.
What you'll do
- Hire, onboard, and train a team of business development representatives
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing to enhance lead scoring, improve lead conversion, and monitor inbound funnel health
- Partner with sales leaders to drive alignment between Account Executives and BDRs in order to maximize qualified pipeline
- Enable and train the team on our key personas, value propositions, and sales fundamentals
- Operate a highly agile team that can quickly formulate, test, and validate new outbound pipeline generation strategies that will be scaled across the entire sales team
- Implement, improve, and standardize key processes in service of driving consistent and repeatable motions that predictably drive revenue growth
- Be a key Revenue leader in a fast growing organization - working closely with executive leadership owning one of our most important company initiatives
- Evaluate and implement new technology for our business development team to maximize efficiency
- Design comp plans and establish KPIs that incentivize the right behaviors to drive revenue growth
- Foster a positive in-office culture that encourages collaboration, employee development, and consistent results
Who you are
- 8+ years of SaaS experience working within Revenue focused teams
- 2+ years of experience as a second-line leader
- Experience managing inbound and outbound sales development teams
- Experience with PLG and Enterprise sales motions and have been responsible for selling into multiple industries and personas
- Deep understanding of sales development, outbound selling and prospecting
- Experience evaluating and implementing new technology for business development teams
- Results-driven leader who thrives in an in-office environment
- You have owned complex projects that require working closely with cross functional partners across Marketing, Ops, and Sales teams
- Ability to gather your own insights from data to make informed decisions for your team
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Experience designing and implementing compensation plans and setting appropriate quotas
- You execute with consistent excellence and have a deep track record of creating significant revenue impact for your organization.
- You are scrappy, resourceful and a creative problem solver
- You embody a growth mindset and seek out opportunities to constantly learn and grow
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $140,000 - $165,000 for all work locations including remote. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation. To learn more about our comprehensive benefit offerings, please check out Life at Airtable.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.