Strategic Finance Associate
Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. We are developing a powerful and extensible toolkit that our customers can leverage to solve a variety of different problems and workflows. We’ve seen our most sophisticated customers use the product to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate precision manufacturing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed mission-critical data into a single source of truth. The complexity of these use cases requires us to be extremely thoughtful about how we design and implement new functionality in the product and make sure it’s both easy to use and comprehend for our customers and maintainable for us.
This is a key leadership role that will contribute to the direction of our engineering strategy, scale our teams during periods of growth, and strengthen the infrastructure that enables our developers to build and deliver software products faster and more effectively. As the Engineering Manager for Developer Infrastructure, you will oversee a core pillar within our Infrastructure organization, comprising the Developer Effectiveness, Web Infrastructure and Quality engineering teams. These teams within the pillar work closely together to build a seamless experience for developing and testing high quality code across all of Airtable. You will be responsible for managing and growing software engineers and engineering managers within these teams.
You will have the opportunity to work with other Engineering teams to deeply understand their needs and workflows. You will collaborate with partners across product and infrastructure, to build core developer abstractions, frameworks and tools that enable them to do their best work. You will be responsible for leading programs empowering all developers within Airtable to take end to end ownership of their features’ quality and performance, as well as increasing overall developer velocity throughout the development lifecycle.
Please note: while we employ a hybrid working model at Airtable (flexible in working from the office or elsewhere), we are looking to hire candidates who are based in San Francisco/Bay Area, and/or who are open to coming into the office occasionally for team collaboration events and meetings.
What you'll do
- Lead and foster growth: Direct, motivate, and enhance the skills of engineering managers and individual contributors across Developer Effectiveness, Web Infrastructure, and Quality teams, fostering an environment that encourages teamwork and innovation.
- Develop and implement strategy: Set and execute the strategic vision and roadmap for the Developer Infrastructure pillar, including the continual enhancement of our development toolchain, optimization of our web infrastructure, and the advancement of our quality practices, all with an eye towards high cost-efficiency.
- Boost developer productivity: Partner with teams across the organization to comprehend their workflows, pinpoint bottlenecks, and formulate solutions to improve their productivity. Guide the Developer Effectiveness team to develop tools and processes that enable faster product delivery.
- Manage web infrastructure: Oversee the Web Infrastructure team to facilitate the rapid and cost-effective development and iteration of web features. Guide the evolution of our client performance tooling, client bundling infrastructure, and the delivery of next-generation client model abstractions.
- Direct quality initiatives: Lead the Quality team to democratize automated testing, refine our testing frameworks, and increase automated test coverage. Ensure the creation of efficient processes and tooling for partnering nearshore and offshore vendors.
Who you are
- You have 8+ years of industry experience with modern full-stack web and infrastructure development, with particular emphasis on developer infrastructure, experience and/or tooling.
- You've honed your leadership skills by managing high-performing engineering teams and managers. You have a strong understanding of how to balance people management with technical leadership.
- You've gained deep technical knowledge of software development, developer tools, web infrastructure, and quality practices, and are comfortable guiding the technical direction of your teams.
- You have a background in computer science or a related field.
- You have a strategic mindset and can align your teams with the company's vision and goals. You've experienced scaling teams and processes during periods of hyper-growth.
- You're an exceptional communicator skilled at building relationships across different teams. You understand the importance of empathy in leadership and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment.
- You use data to inform your decisions and can instill a data-driven culture in your teams. You understand the importance of measuring the effectiveness of our toolchain, infrastructure, and quality practices to continuously improve them.
- You are currently based and/or will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and/or are willing to commute to meet with your teams in the San Francisco Bay Area regularly.
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $305,600 - $396,600 for work locations in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, NYC and LA. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation. To learn more about our comprehensive benefit offerings, please check out Life at Airtable.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.